Discover The Rame Peninsula
Known as Cornwall’s forgotten corner, the Rame Peninsula is an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with a landscape of tidal creeks, sandy beaches, lush farmland and country parks. Small villages hide at the heads of creeks, waiting to be discovered, whilst the stretch of coast fronting onto Whitsand Bay offers fantastic views, great walking along the South West Coast Path and one of the few surfing beaches in this part of Cornwall.
The Rame Peninsula is bordered on three sides by water; the River Lynher, River Tamar and Plymouth Sound and the English Channel.
It encompasses the villages of Antony, Cremyll, Kingsand, Cawsand, Millbrook, St.John, Sheviock, Antony, Wilcove, Crafthole, Downderry, Portwrinkle, Seaton, Freathy and Torpoint.
The Rame Peninsula can be easily accessed from Plymouth via the Torpoint Car Ferry, the Cremyll Passenger Ferry and in summer, by the Weston Maid, a delightful boat trip from the Barbican in Plymouth across Plymouth Sound and landing on Cawsand Beach.
Reasons to visit The Rame Peninsula
- Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Quiet secluded beaches
- Magnificent scenery
- Spectacular walks
- Historical fishing villages of Kingsand and Cawsand unspoilt by time and full of colour washed old cottages and narrow streets
Things to do on The Rame Peninsula
- Walk the South West Coast Path
- Visit the twin seafront villages of Kingsand and Cawsand, once a popular haunt of smugglers and now unspoilt by time with their narrow streets with colour-washed cottages and fantastic views of Plymouth Sound
- Visit Mount Edgcumbe Country Park a superb landscaped park, with fallow deer, woodland and coastal walks and marvellous views
- Visit Port Eliot House and Estate a Grade 1 listed house with a Grade 1 listed park and garden
- Visit Antony House and Gardens a beautiful early 18th-century mansion with a fine collection of paintings, furniture and textiles
- Walk out to the ruins of St Michaels Chapel on the Rame Head.
- Go surfing at Whitsand Bay (Please be aware of dangerous water conditions at times)
Useful Rame Peninsula links
Filter by Accommodation (-)
Filter by VC Budget (-)
Filter by Accessibility (-)
Filter by Dog friendly (+)
Filter by Who is going (+)
Hom Super Black Black Briefs Hom Super Briefs Hom Super